Thursday, June 4, 2009

2 Days on the Path, posted by Rev Kerry Holder Joffrion-Peregrina

Two days on the Path I have come, covering 2,000 plus years of history, peeling the onion layer by layer. I am not under the delusion that I will peel to the bulbous center. I only hope that I will arrive in Compostela with punctuated questions. I also hope I will sing songs, strange heart-warming renditions of a rare and peculiar journey. This pilgrimage I make will perhaps become a ¨ we´, perhaps will elicit soulful freedoms, perhaps will provide the privilege of comforting some Sacred Other and then lead me home to my ancient yet new self. I do it because it calls me, because it is there, because Furman taught me if anything to never settle with a life unlived.

And so we go seeking after some old bones, praying in the sore places of our bodies after a long days walk.

It makes me smile to help facilitate this pilgrimage.

2 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you on your journey. Keep peeling. Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you often and I'm glad you are learning and growing on your pilgrimage como una peregrina. Cuidate mucho!

    ReplyDelete