Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reaching a destination

Not sure how deep this blog is going to be...all of us have sore feet and most have the camino crud (cold symptons or other ailments) but we made it to Santiago all in one piece in non-hurricane conditions (unlike Monday)...yea!

It was strange getting up this morning and not having to walk. I was actually disappointed. I have really enjoyed the walking regardless of how hard it was.

So we reached the destination that we had set out for ourselves but I question...have we really reached our destination? I would say for me no. It has been a great bonding experience and it has given us all a new perspective on life and memories forever. But have we reached the place we want to be? Will we take what we have learned and have the courage and fortitude to put it into action? Or will we fall back into the life we left behind. Already, I find myself thinking of home and picking back where I left off. Already, I find myself distancing myself from the camino. Already, I find myself putting up walls. Already, I find my courage and faith weakening.

Well we shall see won´t we...best wishes and thanks to my fellow pilgrims who are all tremendous people.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, I got to Vigo and the wonderful women on the Hotel reception desk said have you been on the Comino, when I said yes she said 'you will be pleased to know then that I you have got a room with a sea view, and the largest bath and largest bed available in the hotel!', at which point we both shared a very large smile :)

    All the best mate.

    ReplyDelete