Sunday, June 14, 2009

Houston, we have re-entry!

My spirit is making its way back to the 21st century slowly and with care, my body, however, has been blasted back into everyday life.
Here are some of the disonances I'm experiencing:
  • People are rude to one another - the length of our walk, with the exception of one waiter who eventually showed his sunny side, people encouraged and helped each other. I was pretty horrified by the insolence of some young people to their parents in Madrid airport
  • Daily, we were greeted with Hola! Buen Camino! and an accompanying smile - now once again I'm invisible to passersby. People too wrapped up in their own lives to see anyone else, or care.
  • The world is a very noisy place - the wind and rain don't compete for space in the way a rock group in Philly airport was grabbing attention. People wanting distraction and afraid of the quiet and silence we absorbed in the lanes of Spain
  • I miss you all and your amazing gifts.
  • It's sunny in Minnesota - I'm grateful for the rays
I hope everyone else's re-entry is going well - I'm still dealing with the Camino Crud cough and have lost 5lbs which I'm going to eat back!

Be gentle with yourselves as you return. Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment