The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain, except when it doesn´t! Today was one of those days! Sheeting, drenching rain, and howling wind (yes, actually howling through the trees - no poetic license). The streams ran down the paths into lakes at the bottom. My poncho ripped and
acted like a sail, Michael´s post was way too restrained - it was the walk from hell!
However, when we got to Arco, 3 Guardian Angels who had not been able to walk because of blisters and assorted ailments had arranged for our albergue, bought goodies for us all and welcomed us with kindness.
Now I´m going to wash out my ´waterproof´boots and get the pebbles out of them and if I´m lucky do some laundry. Not sure yet whether I´ll have the stamina to repeat today´s experience tomorrow. However, I appreciate all those who have no choice about living in the wet and carrying their loads, and have no one to welcome them at the end of the day with a warm bed. Thanks for that.
Zara
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment